175 -- Lincoln
Built at Islington in 1911 as narrow gauge composite class bogie lavatory car "175" and issued to the Northern Division. A total of 16 cars, numbered
199, were built with a body of 31 foot 6 inch long, 7 foot 6 inch wide and issued to the Northern Division. Internally the car was divided into two compartments with longitudinal seats along each side. The lavatories were in the centre with a 2 foot 1 inch wide passageway between them. A hinged door on the centre line kept the two compartments separated. All cars were issued fitted with electric light. Capacity of car "175" was 14 first and 16 second class passengers.
It was converted to a sleeping car with eight longitudinal berths and named "Lincoln" in 1929-30. Given the cream and green colour scheme and allocated for use on the Port Lincoln division.
In 1977 Pichi Richi Railway acquired "Lincoln". Pichi Richi Railway removed the sleeping berths and fitted it out with longitudinal seats.