Built at the Victorian Railways Newport workshop in 1908 as a Dining car (sister to Campaspe and Wimmera). The kitchen was centrally situated between two saloons, one seating 24 first class and the other 18 second class passengers. It had ornate metal ceilings, high backed leather chairs and was used on both the Sydney and Adelaide expresses.
It was altered to its present condition 1932 for use as standby Commissioners car for "Reso" and "Holiday Train" tours. This involved the fitting of 8 berths and two showers in old first dining saloon and an office and dining room in 2nd class area. In 1938 a third shower fitted.
During WWII it was stored at Ballarat. In 1953 it was overhauled for the Royal Train and painted blue and gold.
|1932||Altered to present condition for use as standby Commissioners car for "Reso" and "Holiday Train" tours.|
|1938||Third shower fitted.|
|WWII||Stored at Ballarat.|
|1953||Overhauled for Royal Train and painted blue and gold.|
|1985||Fitted with 4 wheel roller bearing bogies off the "Spirit of Progress".|
|10.1988||Repainted grey, white and green.|
|-||Allocated to Steamrail.|