Edinburgh -- Ministerial -- Mitta Mitta No.1
Built as two Vice Regal four wheel cars with open platforms at one end only, in 1880 at the Williamstown Workshops for the Victorian Railways and known as "Ministerial". They normally ran permanently coupled together, platforms innermost with a fall plate between. Later they were altered to hybrid six wheel cars by replacing one wheel set with a four wheel bogie and eventually around 1900, both bodies were spliced together at the outermost ends and placed on one underframe, seating 21 passengers.
In 1910 it was renamed "Mitta Mitta". Later it became a dining car, and finally it was converted to to a Vision Testing car, being scrapped when Wimmera was converted to a Vision Testing car.
See also: Mitta Mitta No.2,
Mitta Mitta No.3,