Built at the Victorian Railways Newport workshop in 1908 as a Dining car (sister to "Goulburn" and "Wimmera"). The kitchen was centrally situated between two saloons, one seating 24 first class and the other 18 second class passengers. It had ornate metal ceilings, high backed leather chairs and was used on both the Sydney and Adelaide expresses.
In 1927 replaced by steel diner and transferred to Albury Express as a buffet car,
then a hospital car during WWII.
It was stored at North Melbourne until 1952 when it was converted to sleep 16 men in longitudinal upper and lower bunks with a centre aisle. It end up on Breakdown train at Dynon in the 1980s. Eventually it was allocated to Plan R (Seven-O-Seven Operations) Victoria and later transferred to the Seymour Group.