Passenger car No.2 -- Inspection car No.2
The history of this particular vehicle seems to get a little confused. The body was placed on underframe of "RA 634" but this does not seem to correspond with it being recoded to "TBP 41". Its "TBP" records suggest that it entered service with the new underframe on 10.9.1917, but it seem to have retained its classification as "Inspection No.2". This would make sense if all that was required was to released the original underframe for reuse under one of the new Trans-Australian passenger car bodies.
|29.4.1916||Converted to Inspection No.2[blc]|
|31.12.1917||Transferred to Port Augusta[blc]|